Sunday, May 30, 2010

sunday

- seneca sings at the top of her lungs during the hymns at church. we're working on our "reverent" singing. she also needs to be holding a hymn book.

- when the sacrament was being prepared, beckham pointed at the table and the priests and said "making pizza!" sorry, buddy. just bread. but it'll be great!

- the nursery leaders told me today that my children immediately fold their arms when it's time to pray. I asked if they then fought over who was going to say it. no, seneca always says it. guess she wins in nursery. at home, everyone at the table gets a turn, every mealtime. our food is extra blessed.

- D and I were called to be primary workers today. I'm ok about it. I always am a little bummed when removed from RS- I just feel spiritually fed there, but there is good work to be done with the kids in our ward and it will be great to get to know the people in primary. I've never team-taught with Denten... that could be fun.

- I sat on the back patio tonight and read a few talks from the Ensign. It was peaceful. So pleasant outside and good words from our apostles.

- tonight Beckham sat down on the couch and started reading, "little pig, little pig, let me come in," to himself. I love when my kids recognize books and read to themselves. Makes me think the reading we're doing in our home is having the impact I'm hoping for.

- I'm looking for some good summer reads myself, let me know if you have a favorite
I shouldn't miss!

- I love that tomorrow is a holiday. Love it. Dent has been feeling crummy today, hopefully he's better tomorrow.

- Fitness challenge starts next week. I'll have to improve my time management a little to make things work, but I'm looking forward to it!

- I was determined to make it until the end of May before turning on the air conditioning. we're almost there!!

1 comment:

Tutz said...

Here are some favorite reads collected at the family BBQ tonight from Nanette, Anne and me.
Snow Flower and the Magic Fan
Elegance of the Hedgehog
Cry the Beloved Country
Joy Luck Club
Wild Swan
Pigs in Heaven
Same Kind of Different as Me
Book Thief
Sarah's Key
The Help
That ought to keep you reading through the summer and into Fall.
Looks like the party was a big success!