Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Goose Girl

I finished it last night. Thank goodness for three-hour naps so I can read and not feel guilty for neglecting my children! As I stated before, I had my reservations about this book part way through, even going so far as to say I’d rather write the ending as it wasn’t going the way I hoped. Silly and presumptuous me! It ended better than I could have done myself in a million years!

The goose girl

I should have read this with a group available to discuss, because I want to discuss! Has anyone read it? Willing to share thoughts? Raynie?? This book had great girl power, the good kind. I love the good kind. It had royalty and mystery. Bad guys and good guys. Adventure and excitement and romance. Oh, the romance factor got me! Although so did the Bach last night, so maybe I’m just a little sappy right now! No, it really was good romance.

The author, Shannon Hale, is from Utah. LDS, perhaps? Anyway, she has a few more books in this genre, I believe following the same characters and I am excited to read them. I’m bummed that this book is over, but I’ve got a stack on my dresser to get to, so… moving on. If you’ve read this one, let me know, I have thoughts! If not, well, for heaven’s sake, swing by your library today and get it!

6 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Do you own it or did you get it from the library? I'll check it out and read it right after the Percy Jackson book I'm in right now...

tenacious d said...

She is LDS. Did you know Amy Howell Jameson in our NYC stake? She's Shannon's literary agent.

The reviewers said...

I should be finished with it within a day or two... I had to take a little break due to a sick baby :( I would love to chat after though. I also bought her Princess Academy book. I wonder if it is a series, and if so what order the books go in. I would love to get them all. I bought mine off amazon for super cheap. I think that Kiah would love it when she gets a bit bigger!

Jess said...

You do know that there are 2 books that follow Goose Girl, right? Enna Burning is the second one, and I can't remember the name of the 3rd. I read it, but it's been so long I can't remember much of it.

Tamra said...

I've also read this series. I really liked it too. And the Princess Academy book is pretty good also. Good author!

Nancy said...

I liked the goose girl. i couldn't finish enna burning though (got bored).