Wednesday, November 10, 2010

my testimony

1.  I am grateful for the gift of prayer.  How lonely it would be to be placed on this earth without any way to communicate with our Father in Heaven.  I’m grateful this process is easy.  I’m grateful that my prayers are heard and that I know my Heavenly Father is an active partner in my life and the things I am trying to accomplish.  As Cooper’s primary theme states, “I can talk with Him anytime, anywhere.”  It reaffirms the notion that we are never alone and I find that incredibly comforting.

2.  I am grateful for the gift of the atonement that makes it possible for us to learn from hard experiences and then hand them back to the Lord.  I’m grateful we don’t have to carry all of the heaviness around with us all the time.  The atonement can seem complicated, but the concept that Christ suffered for all of our pain is simple.  He did it so we would have the opportunity to learn and then let it go.  That release is an immeasurable blessing that allows progression and growth.

3.  I am grateful for the prophets of old that sacrificed more than I can fathom for their faith.  I was reading about Mormon with my kids this week and found new admiration for the dedication he had to keeping records when it required fashioning plates out of ore and then scratching each character into the plate.  We have no excuses to not keep records for our posterity.  This blog makes that pretty convenient.

3.  I am grateful for modern day revelation.  While I appreciate the stories and lessons taught in ancient scripture, I also appreciate that Heavenly Father didn’t give us a book and say, “that’s it.  see you when you get up here.”  The guidance and direction keeps coming and is tailored for us today.  Another bit of evidence that He knows who we are, what we are going through and the tools and direction we need to get through it a better, stronger, more-fit-for-His-kingdom person.

4.  I am grateful for sacred covenants that bind me to those I love forever and beyond.  Sometimes I look at Seneca and my heart hurts for her birth mother and the amazing little girl she is missing out on.  I know that she will have her own family one day, the one she is meant to be with for time and eternity and that this little girl is meant to be in mine.  I’m grateful for the generations that have gone before me that I am connected to and for the posterity that will also be mine forever. 

5.  I’m grateful for the divine role of motherhood and the incredible blessing I have to be a part of it.  I love these little spirits like crazy.  I know they have unlimited potential and are destined to do amazing things in this life.  I’m grateful every day that I get to witness their new discoveries and watch as their little minds figure things out.  I’m grateful to hear their kind words with each other and I’m grateful for their physical bodies.  We were all tucked in my bed last night reading after baths and with each of them snuggled up next to me I couldn’t get enough.  They are my little miracles and I love them to pieces.

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

I love this. Thank you thank you for sharing.