1. Beckham has decided nap time is not for him. He’ll give me a few minutes in his room and then he’s done. “Mom, I’m ready to come out and play quietly.” He does not fall asleep easily during the day anymore which makes for a great bedtime but sometimes he gets a little grumpy in the late afternoon. Seneca, however, is still a daily napper. This makes for tricky schedules, but we roll with it.
2. We have completed the first week at Zaharis, Cooper’s new school. I’m certain I’m more excited about it than he is, but that’s ok. He has been quick to report that recess is not as long at this school as if that is a reason to transfer back. Ha! Starting over in a new building without any familiar faces isn’t easy, but I know he’ll get back to comfortable. The best is that each day on the way home he has gone into great detail about whatever book was read to him that day. I don’t say out loud that that is one of the reasons we made this move, but it sure makes me happy inside! He has done his reading at home each day without any fight, sometimes choosing to do it in the massage chair and staying in there for an hour… whatever works, buddy!
3. Let’s Play Music starts up again next week for Cooper and for the first time for Senny. I still love this program and am grateful to have it so easily accessible. Coop is going to be exposed to amazing things this last year and Seneca is more than ready to get going.
4. Preschool for Senny also starts next week at Discovery Club, which is where Cooper finished his last two months right after we moved here. It is a fun, unique environment that Seneca will soak up. I am excited for her, but bummed that I’ll be missing her first days. Good thing Dad and Grandma will be here to take care of things.
5. The car has been cleaned and laundry done in preparation for Grandma to arrive. Dianna is coming to manage this house while I escape next week. She has a few really busy days, I hope she’s up for it! I’m grateful she’s willing and available to come jump into taking care of this crew. The kids are excited to have her here. I’m also grateful there is zero apprehension about me leaving, except that Beckham really wants to fly on an airplane with me.
6. Ready or not, the Grand Teton and I are having a date next week. I am excited and ready to go. Well, almost ready… still need to clean bathrooms and get a few things packed.
7. This house has been bustling this week with various appointments. We have a new pest control company and so far they are winners. Locals? I have a referral for you… they have rid this property of all ants, scorpions and all other creepy things. We also have had several wood people in here giving me their opinions and bids on our potential flooring projects. I keep sharing details with Denten and he says, “you’re talking ‘wood’ and I have no idea what you’re saying.” I have had a crash course this week in terminology, cuts, stains, sealants, grades and the like. We’ll see if we can get this project moving before I forget it all.
8. Sleep. Does one ever feel ‘caught up?’ Dent got up 30 minutes earlier than usual yesterday to get a longer run in. The alarm went off at 4:00 and last night we were discussing who had the advantage: the dad who sleeps soundly through the night, albeit a shorter one, or the mom who stays in bed until 5:45 but gets up twice or three times during the night with various children. I don’t know who wins, but I know that sleep is a very valuable commodity for everyone.