Tuesday, April 17, 2007

SPT- Shopping Spree

<Lelly's Challenge: the very nice taxman (who is happy that you filed your taxes!) has given you a $100.00 'virtual' refund. you can 'spend' this money to update one item in your wardrobe.

If this was a free-for-all challenge, the money would be spent on an item for my home... there are several on my list, however, in the spirit of keeping with the challenge, I will focus on my wardrobe.

Summer clothes. I need them, every year. I need good everyday casual shorts, crops and easy tee's... I need great comfy sandals and I need sunny Sunday clothes. I have found the first two categories this year. A day shopping alone proved successful in the playclothes arena, and I recently came across some great sandals... never been a big fan of the toe loop before, but these are cute and comfy!

 


These are also darling, and very nice to my feet. I love them!

 


Yet, I continue to strike out when it comes to a great skirt or dress for Sunday.

 


However, I have recently come across darling dresses at shabby apple and layers clothing, so if my virtual tax man (really, it's me) were to hand me $100 to be used only for my wardrobe, I'd buy one of these super cute dresses.






Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Jaime said...

I bought the green dress from shabbyapple (it's interesting to look at, huh.) only to realize I need a great tan to make the green look good - I bet you would look great in it!

Angie said...

Cute shoes and dresses. I am in deperate need of new Sunday clothes. I may be checking out you suggestions.

Unknown said...

love the link to shabbyapple.

and what are those cute red sandals? i must have them!!

jenny said...

I need a dress too! Is that green dress silk? Why is it so hard to find cute church attire??

Mandy said...

Love the sandals! Shabbyapple has such cute dresses.

Michelle Alley said...

I just got an email from Layers and they do have some really cute dresses! I'd never heard of Shabby apple - we'll have to check it out - thanks for the tip! Great Post!

Amy said...

The red sandals look insanely comfortable. Please do share the where of those. And I love the dresses on both of those sites...just wish I could look like that in them!

Amberly said...

The red sandals are made by Keen. My family is fully outfitted with different varieties this summer, the toe covers are the bonus. We found them at REI.. super comfy and practical!

donna said...

LOVE the shoes:) I am so with you on the good everyday casual shorts, crops and easy tee's. MOM clothes.

Nancy said...

I love the black dress, Amberly. It's practically impossible to find a black dress with sleeves that's NOT a jersey wrap. You should get that one :)

Rachel said...

Very fun SPT!
I love those red sandals!

Kelly said...

I love everything about this post. Love the shoes, love the dreses. So great!

Karen said...

Amberly you always make me laugh. I think both pairs of shoes are very cute, I think I might have to give toe loop shoes a chance some day.

Barb said...

Ironically I live in a cold place, but I have better summer clothes than winter clothes! Lelly's challenge was definately timely -with the change of seasons it's natural to be thinking of new clothes. I like your SPT sandals.

sista # 2 said...

4 words -love that black dress!!!
I will now look at that site ;)
cute post & pix -Janae

amy gretchen said...

I'm getting a lot of good ideas. That's either really bad or really good. Cute cute dresses.

tenacious d said...

Just checked out the Layers site--thanks!!! I'm definitely going to pick up a new dress and/or tops. This means I have to clean out my closet. Those are really cute Keens. I just happen to be going to REI tonight...hmmm.....

Sandi said...

Can't get to the shabbyapple link or the layers link. But, I do love the red shoes.

tenacious d said...

Just have to report that I bought the Keen sandals (in a very cute sky blue). They are so comfortable! I walked the mile to work in them, and my very sensitive feet have nary a scratch on them. Thanks Amberly! Keen should reward you for your advertising.

bryn said...

the black dress was on my "to-buy" list the moment you sent along the shabby apple link. i am still feeling a little guilty about money spent on big trip - so this purchase may wait a bit. (ok, a bit but not too long as my sunday dress attire is painfully out of date!)