Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cooper Moments

There's a cowboy in my house. He gallops around calling out "Yee-haw!" while waving his hand in the air. It's darling, for the most part.

 


If feet gross you out, stop now. Last night I was serving as a horse for my cowboy. I recommend avoiding the stairs when galloping with a two-year-old on your back. As we were yee-hawing it down the stairs, I tripped at the bottom and smushed my little toe. Why does a little toe hurt so much?! It's so small! A bit swollen and bruised, but the cowboy lives on. It's time for a play horse at this house.

 


Yesterday we visited a children's museum in Mesa with some friends and I made a discovery... Cooper knows how to use scissors. I'm not quite sure what age is normal for the dexterity to be there for this activity, but we haven't done this with him at home, so pre-school must receive all the credit.

 


The best part was the intense concentration on his face as he manipulated his little fingers just so.

 
Posted by Picasa


Another sign my little cowboy is growing up... which is ok I guess, as long as he remembers that I was his first cowgirl.

12 comments:

sista # 2 said...

What a q.t. he is! I broke & dislocated my baby toe (it was hanging OFF my foot) when I walked into the corner of a filing cabinet -of course barefoot! I feel your pain, just looking at the pix!!yikes. heal fast ;)-ciao

Mandy said...

Your poor foot. I can completely empathize with you. I am constantly hurting my feet. I break my baby toes often.

Your cowboy is too cute. I love the "as long as he remembers that I was his first cowgirl" part.

Emily said...

Ambers, you are like the best mom ever....yee hawing down the stairs and sacrificing your baby toe. Cooper is one lucky cowboy!

felicia said...

what a cute guy! way to take one for the team!:)

tenacious d said...

So sweet!! Definitely worth a toe or two.

The reviewers said...

Hey Amberly,
I was came across your page from looking at some of the other girls in the ward (my old ward) Your family is so cute, and your little Cooper isn't so little anymore. It is crazy how fast they grow. Well good to see you, we are moving back into the ward sometime hopefully soon. Not sure exactly when, but we are so excited to see everyone again.

Raynie Hawes

Rachel said...

What a darling post! I am so sorry about your foot - OUCH! We have a little cowboy in our house too, but I have to admit, I let our toy rocking horse do all the hard work...you're a GREAT mom and I love learning about your cute family through your blog! :)

donna said...

So sorry about your foot.
I love the children's museum in Mesa ! What a fun day for your kids.

Amy said...

Oh, I love the last line. My Aidan has his cowboy days, too, but I've never taken on the role of horse. And your toe convinces me that I'm okay with that. Foot pain hurts. Any pain hurts, obviously, but foot...ouch.

Did you go to the Arizona Museum for Youth? I love that place.

SHERI said...

That is so funny- I just posted about a similar foot experience. I feel your pain.

Sandi said...

You know, Amberly, that Cooper stole my heart when you brought him into Senior Nursery when he was, what, 1 year old? and he just fit right in getting along with the older children. I saw immediately his enthusiasm for life and it endeared him to me forever. Before we both know it, he will be going on a mission.

Jaime said...

Nice bruise! I did something similar in high school when I fell down the stairs at home - a very graceful moment. Did I tell you I bough Jack some camouflage pants? Denten would be so proud.