Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Art Market



Art Market is coming up and you will be remiss if you don't take advantage of it! My Aunt Nanette started Art Market quite a few years ago and operated out of her home until the business grew right out of it and required more room. She now holds it at various Salt Lake City locations a few times a year.

Art Market is an eclectic collection of handmade goods. Please don't think "boutique," at least not what I used to consider "boutique." This is not the Quilted Bear, my friends. This is cool! Nanette is the epitomy of fabulous design sense with a little funky thrown in. She is very selective in choosing her vendors and the product is high quality and high class.

Below is a sampling of the offerings available.

Darling Baby boxes (hand painted by Nanette. I actually have one of these myself and love it! I love that there is not another one like it on the planet and that the little poem on the top fits me perfectly).



Doll Beds - again, hand painted, each one unique.



My sister Katelyn has created these darling onsies and baby headbands. Just looking at them makes me want a baby!!



Seriously, irresistable!



What little girl would not look like springtime with this on her head?!



Shadow boxes- $75



Skirts are in the $30-$40 range



Purses are in the $40-$50 range



Paintings $40-$75



Jewelry $30-$75



If you happen to be in the Salt Lake area May 11 and 12, you will thoroughly enjoy the incredible creative stimulation offered at the Sugarhouse Garden Center. This is a fabulous opportunity for gifts of all kinds that are thoughtful and original. What's better than giving a gift that is one-of-a-kind?!
If you are out of the area and are interested in Art Market's selection, Nanette is great to work with over the phone. 801.244.7275. Oh, I wish I was there...Good luck ladies!!

6 comments:

donna said...

WOW what fun stuff :)

Amy said...

I love that kind of looking & shopping. Will she come to Mesa?!

Sandi said...

I want to go. Those headbands, my 6 granddaughters, hmmmmmmm.

sista # 2 said...

The ladies can shop that weekend for their own mom's day gifts -perfect!-Janae

Rachel said...

I will have to check it out, for sure! How cool!

Kelly said...

I think she needs to start a traveling show -- that looks great!