Tuesday, May 1, 2007

SPT: Show and Tell

The task is to show and tell a treasure smaller than a deck of cards. Thanks to a little tarnish remover, this treasure once again looks like new.

 


I received this necklace from my boys the Mother's Day after Cooper was born, two years ago. It came in a very recognizable small tourquoise box with "Tiffany & Co." scribed on top. Little did I know that it could get better than that when I opened the box.
What I love most is the meaning of the piece of jewelry. This particular symbol is entitled "Eternal Circle." Denten made the visit to Tiffany's on 5th Avenue in New York City and picked it out himself. After quite a few Mother's Days wishing like crazy I could celebrate this particular holiday, having Denten give something so thoughtful on behalf of himself and Cooper meant the world to me. I will always remember sitting in our little NY apartment with my husband and baby boy knowing that because of the choices we had made that we would be together forever. We are part of an eternal circle and I am grateful I have this special reminder.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Very sweet! So meaningful, I love it!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That is so sweet! It nearly made me cry! What a great celebration of motherhood and family! And kudos to Denten for thinking of it! Sometimes men do get it right.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry to be repititive here, but HOW SWEET of your husband...and how special to have something so meaningful and from TIFFANY'S! A very cool SPT!

donna said...

Ok i am going to say it as well. How sweet ! That is such a wonderful treasure. WOW it was from tiffany's

sista # 2 said...

Ditto! A meaningful treasure with beauty! Love it;)Janae

jenny said...

Such a pretty necklace. Even sweeter that he got it at the original Tiffany's and picked it out by himself. I love the meaning behind it.

andrea said...

That is so thoughtful. What a beautiful Mother's Day gift. I would be thrilled with just a box from Tiffany's.

Amy said...

Beautiful. And I hope you kept the little blue box!

Erin said...

Beautiful. What a great heirloom!

Jaime said...

i remember when you received that special gift - so excited that you enjoyed your first mothers' day. i am very excited that this year i get to finally to enjoy my first too. you are a great mom - one that i look to for lots of advice. denten sure set the bar high for mothers' days to come! love that guy!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful necklace! I loved this post. I only own one thing from Tiffany - and I still keep it in that littel blue box! :)

Angie said...

Beautiful necklace. So cool that he picked it out himself at the NY Tiffany's. Your heart must have skipped a beat when you saw the little blue box and wondered what was inside.

Sandi said...

If men only understood how easy it is to make a woman happy. The little blue box would have been enough to make you feel like Audrey Hepburn, but the "meaningful" gift inside, Wow. Denton get's extra points for that one.