Friday, June 15, 2007

Cooper Moments

When my mom was here, she was pointing out all the funny things Cooper says and does. I guess because I'm with him everyday I don't notice them as much, but I figure they ought to be recorded if only so we can laugh later.

We struggle a bit with table manners, but overall, the kid is pretty polite. He's very good at "thank you," and if you thank him, you'll always get a "you're welcome!" You'll also receive an animated "bless you" if you happen to sneeze in his presence.

If asked to do something, the response lately has been, "okay then."

We also get, "dokey dokey" in a little sing-song voice- hasn't quite gotten the "okey" part down yet.

"holy moly" This one is only if he hears grandma say it.

"Oh, no!" for various riciculous reasons

"my goodness," or just "goodness"

"yes, sir!" not quite used appropriately as it is usually directed at me.

"oopsie!"

"adios!"

"ciao, babe."

He is a very active little boy. He got his dad's athletic genes. He's a quick runner and a good jumper. He's mastered hopping on one foot and will often be found bouncing from the couch to the ottoman to the floor and back around again. He loves for his dad to chase him, eventually catch him and then be tickled. He'll say," catch me, dad!" and then take off running and laughing. He also likes to balance on any curb in sight with his arms held out to the sides and complete the task with a big, "I did it!" He has decided lately that he can give his dad piggy-back rides down the stairs. Denten pretends to climb on and walks right behind Cooper while Coop pretends dad is so heavy. They make their way down the stairs where Cooper proudly exclaims, "We made it!"

Cooper loves music and loves to dance. He sings, on his own terms. He knows, "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam," "I am a child of God," "Teach me to Walk in the Light," "ABC's, pronouced CCC's," Those are the favorites lately.
If you're happy and you know it, head shoulders, knees and toes, hinges... all the busy primary songs.
He often requests that we play music and he goes to town- he's got the greatest dance moves! He'll practice his fast feet or jumping with his legs in then out, he'll get dizzy or jump around like a little monkey. My favorite is when he lets all his limbs go loose and bounces- I call it the loosey goosey, it's hilarious.

He has started playing pretend and using his imagination when playing with his toys. I'll walk in on his bears having a conversation with each other or his cars and trucks all lined up on a homemade road. He's pretty creative and quite particular. I know where the particular part came from, but the creativity he shows is not from me!

Cooper continues to be very sweet with his sister. He uses a soft voice with her and is very gentle when trying to comfort or give a hug or kiss. He's still trying to grasp the concept of being quiet when she sleeps- he's been the only one in his world so far so we're working on that one. He's patient when mom or dad have to be with Seneca and is a big helper to get things she might need. We've been reading his scriptures with Seneca before he heads to bed this week and his favorites right now are King Benjamin and the tower (towers are very cool) and Noah and the ark.

I am very grateful I have little Cooper in my life. He is often a gentle reminder that I can not completely control my surroundings, but he is a breath of fresh air every day. He really is a delight and I am grateful Heavenly Father has given me temporary stewardship over the little busy body for a short, wonderful time.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

How wonderful to document all these precious things. It's true that we miss a lot, or simply don't take notice of the 'cute' things are kids do and say because we're just trying to get things done. You've inspired me to write more things down, and hopefully that will help me focus more on the good and funny things kids bring into our lives!

Lindsay said...

Oh I just miss him SO much! Does he still love me? Tell him I am going to come squeeze him as soon as I get home. Miss you.

felicia said...

thanks for the reminder-to remember and enjoy the little moments that our children will for sure remember too! sounds like cooper is doing great with seneca! jake is doing pretty well...just thinks he's ready to play! not yet..:) hope all continues to go well with you!

tenacious d said...

So precious! I'd love to see the loosey-goosey! That sounds like a riot. And the "Ciao, Babe!"

The Hunt's said...

oh, this just makes me crazy. absolutely crazy. i want to dance and sing and run and balance with him! he is such a wonderful reminder of how simple it is to find such joy and delight in such simple everyday details. i must come see him very soon.

The Silly Witch said...

What a cutie! It's so fulfilling to watch siblings bond. These are precious precious moments.

Sandi said...

You have a gift for making us feel what you are feeling. Thanks for sharing.

sista # 2 said...

I am such a fan of recording what the littles say as they grow up!!
My 2 laugh so hard when they read in their baby books all the CUTE sayings and things they came up with (Cooper's CCC's is adorable!)
I am loving your pix of your kids!

Karen said...

We love Cooper, so thanks for sharing some of his words, I feel like I have not seen him in such a long time.

bryn said...

there is nothing better than an active preschool little boy. they say the greatest things and are full of more energy than a nuclear reactor! what a blessing they are.

so thrilled about new little seneca. what a perfect addition to a darling family!

Emily said...

Are you home yet???? Because I am missinnnggg yooouuu!