Monday, June 11, 2007

Surreal Weekend



We have had an amazing weekend, it doesn't quite seem real that we actually have a little baby girl here in our home and that she's ours! Although, it didn't take long at all for all of us to fall in love with her- she is absolutely beautiful and she is such a good little baby.





Seneca had her two-week doctor visit today and is healthy as can be.

Quick stats:
weight: 9 lbs. 4 oz. 90%
length: 21 1/2 in. long. 90%
head circum: 14 1/2 in. 75%



Even though she's grown a bit since birth, look at tiny she still looks!



It has been so wonderful to have my mom here these past few days. She has allowed us time to just hang out as well as get a few things done and is always taking care of either Cooper or Seneca. Cooper has been terrific with this transition, but occasionally we hear, "Watch me, grandma!" "Watch me, mom!" followed by a little dance or jumping around just to be sure he hasn't been forgotten. Denten has been really good to give him the attention he needs right now as well. I have totally been spoiled having both my mom and Dent here- heaven help me when they both disappear!

I have been a bit overwhelmed wanting to simply sit and enjoy this little miracle but feeling the need to keep the business afloat and my house in some kind of respectable order. I've got a dull headache and realize that there was one too many nights spent on an adrenaline high with very little sleep, but I also am so full of gratitute that absolutely everything about this amazing process has happened so incredibly smoothly. Heavenly Father is watching over us and has his angels watching over us to see that all happens just as it should. For those who have wondered if you can feel the same spiritual connection with an adopted child that you can with a biological one, wonder no more. Seneca is my baby, she is Denten's little girl and is Cooper's sister. I love that sweet soul just as if I did carry her inside me for 9 months. I don't know how to explain that other than our Father in Heaven knew she needed to get to us and that our hearts were more than ready to receive her. She is so much my little angel.

13 comments:

Emily said...

So, so sweet. I just keep checking back hoping for more pics and updates and rereading her story. I just love it all!

The reviewers said...

Amberly,

Seneca is beautiful! She is just a couple days younger than my new little one. It doesn't matter how they get here, it is just amazing how fresh they are coming from our father in heaven. Congrats to you and your family!

Raynie Hawes

Unknown said...

Amberly!!!
Well, we're on our way home to see the little miracle! love ya and we'll see ya soon!!

Rachel said...

Holy Cow! I go out of town for one weekend with no computer and this is what I missed! CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful!

annalisa said...

Wow. Congratulations. It's amazing to think about you back in October frustrated with your time table and not knowing that she was already on her way to you. How strange that even a few short weeks ago, you were just finalizing your paperwork, and how quickly you were blessed. Take advantage of the extra help while it is there!

tenacious d said...

Cooper obviously loves his little sister. They're so cute together. I am absolutely certain that there are people who are meant to be together in families without there having to be a "blood" connection. Heavenly Father finds a way to get us together. And also, wow, what a reminder not to be so stuck to a certain timetable. The Lord had you covered all along.

Kari said...

Hey AB! What a wonderful surpise. I'm so happy for you and your family. Little Seneca is so blessed to have such wonderful parents who love and cherish her. I'm really happy for you and hope everything goes well. You're amazing!!

Michelle Alley said...

I am soooo excited for you! Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father guides you -when the time is right. She is absolutely 100% beautiful. Congratulations!

Amy said...

You're making me cry. Again. She is truly a little beauty.

Jaime said...

I wish those newborn days lasted a little longer - between trying to sleep and enjoy the little one, no wonder your head aches a bit. Love the details and photos. What a beautiful little girl!

The Silly Witch said...

Her expression is just one of utter contentment. What an angel.

jenny said...

What an adorable little girl. Congratulations!! I just caught up on your exciting news. I am so happy for you guys!

Jana said...

I am so happy for you guys. What a blessing. She is beautiful. I know what you mean about the feeling of exhaustion from being so dreamy about having a new baby in your arms. There is nothing like it in the world. And then reality hits you and you are TIRED! :) Hopefully I can meet her this summer. We will be there in July.