Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Solitary Weekend

I spent last weekend in St. George all by myself. I honestly can't remember the last time I was completely on my own for three consecutive days. Road trips are a very different experience when there are no diapers, bottles, children's movies or music... it was strange to choose what I listened to, where I ate, when I did what without consulting anyone or taking anyone else's schedule into consideration. I missed Denten occasionally simply because he's a great conversationalist, at least for me, but otherwise, I relished in the solitude.

I spent the majority of Friday and Saturday in a training seminar learning about energy therapy. It is a topic I've been studying on my own for a while now and was excited to take the opportunity to learn a little more about Carolyn's modality and how she works. It was completely worth any inconvenience; I interacted with wonderful people and engaged in inspiring activities. I have had this work help create quite a few miracles in my own family and with others I'm close to and am looking forward to continuing to bless lives using spiritual gifts from Heavenly Father.

The seminar was held at the Red Mountain Spa up near Snow Canyon. It was breathtaking to me. The strength of the red rocks combined with the clear blue sky and vibrant green vegitation was very renewing for me. I just felt like I needed to breathe deeply every time I looked around. It felt cleansing and healthy and made me decide to find more about where I live to be grateful for. I want to walk out of my house and feel that same sense of beauty and awe... I'm working on it.

Aside from the training, I enjoyed my alone time by taking advantage of the fact that I was "unattached." I had a great and much-needed pedicure at a cute little day spa in St. George. I visited the resort spa for a scrub and massage, where I stumped the massage therapist with all the knots in my shoulders and neck... hmm... perhaps they originated from carrying babies, laundry, groceries, toys and bags and other motherhood essentials around all the time??

I ate at a few places that Denten wouldn't set foot in unless the world was coming to an end. Usually I don't really care where we eat, there are plenty of places we both enjoy, but since I was all by myself? I took advantage. I also enjoyed a much anticipated chick flick all by my lonesome. Well, popcorn and jr. mints were present. I expected to like it, but not as much as I actually did. I found myself crying as well as laughing my head off. It was really fun.

I had a quick and easy drive home to sweet faces waiting for me. I'm very grateful to Dianna for taking time to come be here with my family while I was gone. I'm grateful to Denten for supporting my desire to get away for a few days and for my little ones and the joy they bring me every day. It was a fabulous weekend- I'm grateful that until next time, I get to be here, because my home is a pretty great place to be.

5 comments:

bryn said...

that sounds just wonderful. as that was home for me for some time, you made me miss it very much.

Emily said...

Every now and then, alone, is a wonderful place to be.

Jaime said...

wow. i don't know where to begin with how lovely that sounds. i am still so intrigued with the energy therapy. please let me know when the next seminar comes up, i would love to go with you. i can tell you are very calm and renewed from the experience.

sorry i missed your call on sunday. we were walking home from church on the eastside and got caught in a parade. it was a little nuts.

Annie said...

Wow, sounds amazing. I'm goad you had a good time. What I wouldn't give for a little time alone. Maybe some day.

The Silly Witch said...

That sounds incredible. Sometimes I like to be by myself. I have to admit that it's been a very very very long time.