Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A day at the lake

Yes, I've taken a million pictures, but rather than spending tons of time on the computer sorting and editing, you're getting a few favorites that show what we've been up to. Let's just preface this bunch with saying that it's only 65 degrees outside which makes the water "damn cold." That's a very precise measurement from the only guy who dares get in on a daily basis. As you can see, both kids jumped in willingly and then quickly second-guessed that decision. Coop has been good for one jump a day, but don't try to get him to repeat it! Senny is happy as a clam to simply wander around the boat, dock and beach checking everything out. And as you can see, Beckham is still a chubby happy little man. This is grandma's taxi... she must love me a lot to let me drive!



























7 comments:

Patria said...

how fun! i just got all caught up on your adventures and everything sounded wonderful. i especially loved the pictures you took labeled "no words needed." perfection.

The Hunt's said...

Please tell me someone is skiing on that perfect water.

Amy said...

Wow...just catching up on your vacationing. The house in McCall is amazing. I would be there all the time! And I love the link it has for you to childhood memories. And that your own children are busily making their own summer memories there. That's the good stuff.

Scrap Happy said...

Ah, that looks heavenly. Does the water ever get warm enough to actually enjoy skiing, or no?

Amy said...

The investment for next year should be wet suits. Maybe kind of lame, but I'm serious. We have them in about everyone's sizes now for Newport & it makes all the difference with the kids on cooler days.

My envy runneth over...but I am soo glad you are up there enjoying the fresh air & fabulous family!

T. Bateman said...

Sounds like a fun vacation. Dave and I spent time with my family at the lake too, this past August. Luckily for us, the water and weather were perfect. I think vacations at a lake are wonderful because it feels so peaceful and a real escape from day-to-day living.

KA said...

Coop looks like such a big dude in his way cool wetsuit.