Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the scene at my house

dinner is over and done.  still too many increments of time before bedtime and dad isn't coming home tonight.  I've played tag until I can't handle it anymore and beckham can't laugh any harder at all of us running around waving our arms in the air and screaming.  hide-and-seek is next and out of character, I oblige.  cooper counts as I find my hiding spot, hoping one of the little people doesn't give me away.  as soon as I'm nice and settled, I hear, "I gotta go potty!"  I have a choice to make:  get up and finish wiping the counters down while I have a little break or lay here under the trampoline and remain hidden.  I can see seneca sneaking books off the shelf and reading under the dining room table.  I can see beckham climb on and off of the tramp, laughing when he slips and falls on his bottom.  I choose to stay put.  "here I come!"  he tiptoes around, peeking around corners, the suspense nearly killing him.  he tries a few regular hiding spots and finally finds me, followed by the two others.  I sit by the side of the trampoline watching seneca do what can only be described as a ritualistic rain dance as she bouncy-marches around beckham chanting something unknown as he bounces in the middle of the tramp laughing and trying not to tip over.  next senny is at the piano singing and playing something fabulous while cooper is jumping and singing something about peter pan.  beckham goes from tramp to piano bench adding his own tune as I wonder if there is some way to capture them in little bottles and keep them like this forever.  they're exhausting, and bedtime is so welcome, but holy smokes, I love these kids.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Aren'tkids wonderful. My boys like to play Peter Pan,of course Thomas always make Andy Captain Hook. Hope you are have great fun playing with them. Soon it will be bed time

Nancy said...

they sound like such fun. exhausting, but so fun.

Sandi said...

So, did you give up your hiding place?

Annika said...

Sounds a whole heck of alot like my day and the feeling is mutual!