Thursday, March 5, 2009

candyland wishes and hawaiian pineapple

this afternoon playing candyland:  cooper one space behind the space that would allow him some sort of rainbow short-cut.  he stops for a minute before drawing his card and says, "I hope I get a yellow."  whadda ya know, he drew a yellow, and was completely thrilled about it.  a few turns later he said, "I want the ice cream card."  uh-huh, you guessed it.  he drew the ice cream card.  he did this 2 other times hoping for a double-color card and had his wish granted each time.  this kid has some serious power when it comes to the law of attraction!  I can just see his angels laughing at how excited he got when he received just what he requested.


this evening at dinner: after seeing seneca and beckham inhale their pineapple, cooper decided he wanted to try some.  
"oh, mom.  this is delicious!"  
I'm glad you like it.
"it tastes just like hawaii!"  

a comment that was absolutely not prompted by me.  a very normal thing to say about pineapple, but from a four-year-old?  I mean, yes, he's been to hawaii, but it was 1 1/2 years ago and I don't recall that he ate pineapple while we were there... maybe places really do have tastes.

4 comments:

Karen said...

We spend a lot of time playing candyland at this house, but do not usually do that well, maybe Payton needs to take some lessons.

Joni said...

I bet Cooper taste like heaven. :)

Jana said...

Kids say the smartest things. We went to disney on ice and one of the moms was asking where Nemo was and Ariel. Jackson turned around and said, "Well, how would the come since they don't have feet?" Well put! :)

Patria said...

all i know is that my favorite smell in the world is driving through the pineapple fields with all that gorgeous red dirt, bright green mountains and vibrant sky here on oahu...i think cooper has got it right! (: