Sunday, March 1, 2009

sunday

This morning went smoothly, everyone eating breakfast and getting dressed for church quickly and easily. And senny wore her new dress that I didn't get a picture of, but dang, it was cute. thanks grandpa. Sacrament meeting was just a bit of a zoo. A lovely sister fortunate enough to sit next to us kindly said after the meeting, "I think that seneca has a little spunk in her!" Gee, ya think?! At least Beckham was happy. Until his sister stole his snacks, but happy for the most part. And there were mice in sacrament meeting. I didn't have the pleasure of seeing them, which is a really good thing, but apparently they're back and I don't really appreciate that. Denten taught gospel doctrine today and wouldn't you know it, it's a little hard to catch a full lesson with a one-year-old under foot, or on lap, or jumping from my lap to someone else's. But I hear he did a pretty good job. We could go into more detail here, but I'll save my over-analysis of my over-analyzing husband for another time.

Dent took it upon himself to plan food for today, after I already promised carter's dinner... lack of communication? no, we communicated just fine, just a little late. Anyway, we moved his plan to right after church. Came home and changed our clothes and headed to the backyard for a cook-out. He built a fire and we roasted hot dogs and enjoyed fruit from yesterday's produce co-op pick-up. It was 85 degrees outside today. seriously. it was fun to be outside and enjoy the weather and attempt to feed ourselves whilst monitoring the little ones.

Next was naps for everyone. the best part about sunday if you ask me. this happened uninterrupted until that stinkin' ice cream man came by. we have a lovely ghetto van that drives around with incredibly annoying music played at top volume and manages to time his visits right smack in the middle of nap time. the nerve. I think I intend on speaking to someone about this. it may have to be the ice cream man himself. if only he knew all the mothers in the neighborhood avoided giving him business because he drives us crazy! anyway, I obviously have strong feelings about that.

Made garlic mushroom pasta for dinner. I was the only one who loved it, but that's ok. I'd share the link but Emily is private. Too bad for all of you 'cause it really was good. I escaped down the street for a while under the guise that dinner had to be delivered and enjoyed a quick catch-up with little miss creative brilliance.

Next we talked to grandmas and grandpa on both sides of the family, rejoicing in the news that Beckham can indeed walk on his own and can actually do it pretty well. There's a video, 'cause denten is his dad, but I can't figure it out right now. Just imagine... jolly beckham walking a little like frankenstein giggling so hard that occasionally he tips himself over. that's pretty much it. I love that kid. Cooper spent the afternoon teaching school. He's been giving me reading lessons all week, well, me and senny. we have to repeat after him. he's pretty bossy, I don't really know where he gets that.

The low-light of sunday is when I realize it's time for everyone to be in bed because they're all whining at my feet and my house is a disaster. so much for a relaxing end to sunday. after jammies, milk and a major pick-up, it's time to wind down. And post this. Because I have joined the ranks of the Virtue Experiment and my goal for March involves monitoring my time in front of this here screen when my children have their eyes open. I could talk about this a little more too, but it will have to wait until another time. I'm tired now.

And thus begins a new week... it's gonna be a good one, I can already tell. busy, but I have pasta leftovers. good night.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

You need to have Denton write down what he said about Senna's sealing. That was precious.