Thursday, September 10, 2009

the county fair.

small towns have much to offer. my father might (most definitely) disagree that the county fair is one of those things. I, however, am a sucker for crowds and carnival rides. therefore, our trip included the local parade, fair and stomach-turning rides.

and... my magic shoes and I ran the Iron County Fair 5K. wish I had a picture, but my photographer was a little busy attending to children while I was on my adventure. I felt the altitude change a little, but more than that was the fact that more than half the run was on a very rough dirt, rocky road. not a problem if you have thick soles on your shoes! it took a little more concentration to run in my snazzy footwear and navigate the rough terrain. not to mention what a spectacle I was... it's amazing the things people will say thinking you can't hear them. anyway, onto photos of the fair...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Hunt's said...

There is something about small towns that leaves me consistently charmed. And wide open spaces...Boogs has been onto something all these years. It looks really refreshing.

Lindsey said...

It looks like so much fun. I agree, I grew up in a small town and I love them! Your kids look like they are having a blast!