Tuesday, September 15, 2009

stuff on my mind.

- a dear friend's heartache. good will come, patience is trying.
- while I am anxious for fall, it makes me feel pressure to get out and use the pool before my hot days in the sun are gone.
- swimming every day sounds lovely, but there are other things to get done in this house!
- room by room my home is being cleaned and de-junked. it feels so good.
- mother-in-law is coming to stay with my children while d and I escape to the east coast for a few days. please pray for her.
- leaving for a week requires a week's worth of preparation and a week of recuperation.
- I'm excited for new energy events that are in the works. good projects!
- my birthday is approaching and until a friend mentioned it today, I hadn't even thought about it. must mean they don't matter as much as they used to!
- denten has got to stop doing 100 mile bike rides in 100 degree heat. it is not good for anyone involved.
- denten is wonderful. he's just right for me right now. he's funny and considerate and my favorite person to talk to.
- visiting teaching. I have got to do my visiting teaching!
- primary. I am not stressed out the least bit about my calling. is something wrong with that?
- I miss relief society like crazy. just try not to think about it.
- I have high, hesitant hopes for cooper's new music class. great potential...
- seneca talks all the time. about everything. verbal is her strength. although she doesn't struggle with the physical either... perhaps patience is her weakness. nevermind, she's two.
- beckham is her little parrot. I love him more and more these days. I never didn't love him, but he's gosh darn adorable to me lately.
- denten and I eat cookie dough on the couch late at night.
- I need a good book for my trip.
- coop's bedroom furniture needs to be delivered before I leave in three days.
- I am happy.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Don't tell anyone in your ward that you're not stressed about your calling. They may give you a new one! :)

Kristi said...

What is your calling? Hope you have a blast on the east coast!

Croslands said...

I love that you are happy. You sound like it.

Kari said...

My favorite was this one:

mother-in-law is coming to stay with my children while d and I escape to the east coast for a few days. please pray for her.

I laughed out loud!! :)

Still laughing, actually.