Tuesday, November 24, 2009

catching up on my blessings.

Sunday, November 22

- I'm grateful that the day was smooth for everyone in our party. I'm grateful that the kids were good, there weren't any major meltdowns and that I had a lot of help keeping them happy and occupied.

- I'm grateful Denten enjoyed his experience, that he didn't have any injuries or pain great enough that they prevented him from completing his race in a time he was proud of.

- I'm grateful for the support of our family and friends. There were many who were not present who were rooting for Dent from afar. It warmed my heart to know that there were those out there who wanted nothing but Denten's complete success.

- I'm grateful for modern technology. My dad was able to track D and Wade online all through the day and feel a part of the excitement. My sisters and I texted all through the day giving a head's up that one of the boys was coming, or coordinating our locations. It made the day so easy and smooth.

- I'm grateful that I had a bed to fall into at the end of the day. I did not physically move 140.6 miles, but I was majorly tired.


Monday, November 23

- I'm grateful for a great energy appointment where the inspiration needed was fully present.

- I'm grateful that Denten's body is feeling great, all things considered.

- I'm grateful that I have things to look forward to to help overcome the post-race cloud that has settled over me.

- I'm grateful that we have tons of delicious leftovers in the fridge.

- I'm grateful I didn't have anything major obligations outside of my home today.


Tuesday, November 24

- I'm grateful that we have Thanksgiving plans with great friends.

- I'm grateful for a hot shower.

- I'm grateful for a husband that comes home at the end of the day.

- I'm grateful for my clean microwave. I know I mentioned it before, but it makes me smile every time I open it. My mom was completely grossed out and cleaned it for me. I love her many times a day for it.

- I'm grateful that my kids look out for each other. I'll often hear Seneca ask Beckham if he's ok and he'll answer, "yeah." She'll respond with ok and they'll both move on.

No comments: