Tuesday, December 15, 2009

taking a moment...

In my current state with all of the achiness, head pressure and fire in my throat, with the persistent whining, endless lists and when I'd rather be in my bed than virtually anywhere else, I could see how easy it would be to spiral quickly into the very depths of losing my mind. I needed a moment to remember that it could be a whole lot worse.

I'm very grateful for Lindsay on several levels, one being that she somehow found time to do my laundry while she was here. I have needed the things she washed the last few days and have lacked the foresight, energy or motivation to do it. I'm so glad it's done and has made things easy for me.

I'm grateful for a clean kitchen, ready to be dirtied by one of several upcoming messes.

I'm grateful for an early morning grocery run. It was complete torture pulling my aching body from my warm sheets this morning, but I'm glad I found most of what I needed and I didn't have to take sick little people to the store with me.

I'm grateful for quiet, peaceful moments in the rocking chair with my very large baby.

I'm grateful for school projects that encourage me to be creative with my kids. Artistic creativity is not my speciality and therefore doesn't happen enough in our home, but it's so fun to see what can be created when let loose with paint, glue and various artsy paraphernalia.

I'm grateful that the ailments tormenting beckham's little body don't keep him from sleeping well.

I'm grateful that Coop and Senny understand the concept of "quiet play" and do so together so I can be productive while Bex sleeps.

I'm grateful for my social network. If I lived near my mother or mother-in-law, it would be weeks like this one where I would call on them. Save me! I've hit my limit! Instead, I have a fantastic web of people around me that I can call on for a huge variety of needs. I'm grateful I'm not alone.

I'm grateful for texting. Mock if you will, but I was able to coordinate an event involving 5 different parties at the last minute today without having to use my voice, which is in a sorry state of affairs.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am sorry you are feeling so sick. I wish we were there to help you out. Montanna and I have been feeling the same way for about the last week. I think I am coming out of it, but Montanna is still super stuffy. I am glad there isn't a fever to go along with it, but it still is miserable!

Amber said...

I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun being sick ;o(

Jana said...

I love texting too. Who doesn't. And I wish my sister came and did my laundry. I hate it so much!!!

Lindsay said...

cooper and senny know how to play quietly? WHAT?

The Silly Witch said...

I think I had that cold with the throat of fire after Thanksgiving. Recover soon, my friend.