Wednesday, February 3, 2010

LOVE month, day 3

Today I love my children's ability and desire to learn.

We spent the morning changing sheets on all the beds, doing laundry, making beds, vacuuming, dusting, putting toys and clothes in their proper places and all the while I had little helpers. Helpers that are learning to make the bed without any wrinkles, helpers that know which drawers their clothes go in. I love that Beckham puts all of the plates in the dishwasher after we eat. If someone forgets to clear their place, he takes care of it. I love that they catch on quickly to the routine around here and help make things run smoothly.

After we made Seneca's bed, she put her doll on it, covered her with her blanket and started singing to her. She went through "I am a Child of God," "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," "I Love to See the Temple," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," and "Eensy Weensy Spider." Those are her favorites and we sing them every night. She knows all of the words and loves to sing. I love that her little mind is capable of learning music and hopes it continues all her life.

Cooper has started bringing home homework packets from preschool. They don't get graded, they don't even have to turn them in, but are for both he and his parents to get used to the fact that homework will probably be part of the routine when he begins school next year. He loves doing his homework. He loves reading, writing, matching, spelling, cutting and gluing. He loves activity books with puzzles. He loves learning new things with his dad. They have been playing catch each evening after Denten gets home and it is part of the day Cooper looks forward to with great anticipation. He takes pointers well and works hard when learning something new.

I know that I am blessed to have children with sharp minds who can listen, understand and implement. I love that I have the opportunity to teach, to lead and to be an example. It is a responsibility that feels very heavy at times, but I am grateful that it is mine. They make me better. I love to see them learn and grow and discover.

No comments: