Sunday, May 9, 2010

mother's day.

it's been a good weekend. we enjoyed dinner with great friends last night. people that are easy to be with, forgiving of flaws and contribute to a delicious meal.

a lazy morning in bed was followed by french toast. the lessons at church made me grateful for my mother who did so much more for our family than I ever realized during my growing-up years. I also felt the weight and blessing of being a mother today. it's a heavy task to be the kind of mother I want to be and I fall short every day, but it's also an amazing blessing to have these little crazies in my life.

denten took care of dinner and then the kids so I could hear my missionary brother's voice for a few minutes. I couldn't be more proud or happier about the experiences he's having. I'm grateful for the blessings he's receiving. I'm also grateful for my sisters tonight. I miss them.

and then grant hill sunk his free throws and nash hit the shots necessary to move to the conference finals, even with one eye swollen shut. happy mother's day, indeed.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, I so miss that missionary brother of yours! I need to write him when I find a spare minute and a free hand to write with!