about fitness challenge... day 1:
- my run actually felt pretty good, although it was inside on the treadmill as denten is out of town and I wasn't towing three extras along with me outside! there is nothing good on TV at 6:15 in the morning and I don't have a dvr in the room where my treadmill is. oh well, it felt good anyway.
- I have been overly sensitive about everything I eat, to the point where I found myself hungry a few different times today.
- I did the obligatory weigh-in this morning and documented weight and body fat starting points. my goal in all of this is not to lose weight, but rather kick a few habits and establish a few new good ones.
- 7:30 is early for me to be done eating for the night. this will be a challenge. I don't want to grab something fast (and unhealthy) just to eat before my time is up when I could wait a while and have a good and healthy meal a little later. planning ahead... that's the secret!
- I will have to be careful about snacking as tortilla chips, pretzels and other carb snacks with high sodium are available and an alternative to a "treat." I need better snack options. nuts, yogurt... what else?
- my scripture study included Ruth today. what cool women Naomi and Ruth were.
- unrelated to fitness challenge, seneca wore her new swim cap to the pool today. I took a pic with my phone, but need to get a better one. yellow swimsuit with tutu fluff, royal blue cap with white hearts on it and bright pink arm floaties. man, she was cute stuff. thanks, tess!!
- denten is on his way home from supai right now with grandma and grandpa. should be a super fun few days!!