Tuesday, July 27, 2010

water

My task this week, in addition to the regulars, is to consume 64 ounces of water daily. I am here to tell you that after two days of this attempt that it is not necessary for a 100 pound person to consume that much water on a daily basis in order to stay hydrated. Even in the desert. I have spent the last two days with a bloated stomach that wants to vomit water by 11:00 a.m. Seriouly, started gagging at one point. I barely made my ounces yesterday and yes, I was counting my ice cups. And in addition to feeling water-logged all day even my children noticed how much I was using the bathroom. Four times during the night last night. FOUR TIMES! And during the day it was ridiculous.

I'm all for water, in fact we seldom drink anything else around here. I don't buy juice on a regular basis and we don't drink soda. We make sure the kids are drinking throughout the day to stay hydrated, especially when we're outside so much in the heat. I believe that water has healing properties, that it has a high vibration in our bodies and that it flushes toxins out of our our systems. However, I also believe that our bodies can tell us how much we need and mine started yelling yesterday!

As I increase my H2O consumption, I'm positive this is just as effective as any marketed "cleanse" out there! I'm also positive my stomach is going to be permanently pooched out as long as I keep pumping the fluid! I told Denten last night that it shouldn't be so hard seeing as I know that 8 glasses a day is the recommended amount, but he looked at me and said, "not for someone your size." I gotta say, I'm agreeing with him as my bathroom is being used twice as much as it normally does. I figure I'm getting rid of any toxins that were hanging out in my body and that my skin is going to look fantastic... unless water starts seeping out of my pores...

5 comments:

tenacious d said...

Yeah, that's a lot of water for someone as dinky as you. You're dedicated to the challenge to keep at it as long as you did. Do you think that the Challenge Mistress will cut you a break?

The Hunt's said...

I pee 4 times a night too. boo hoo.

Amberly said...

there is a reason for that, sister. would you like to share it?

Emily said...

hmmmm Katelyn, I know of only one reason for someone your age to pee four times a night (Amberly doesn't count with her 20 billion gallons of water this week).

Annika said...

I drink 100 ounces a day. I am a believer that for every lb. you weigh you should drink an oz. of water. I always feel so much better when I do. Don't worry, once your body adjusts the constant peeing thing gets better!