Monday, November 8, 2010

today, I’m grateful for…

1.  Dr. Curtis.  He’s my new dentist who filled some cavities today.  It was the most pleasant cavity-filling experience I’ve had, if that’s possible.  It helped that I took my ipod to distract me, but he was quick and good.  I hereby vow, on this very blog, that I will have better flossing habits.  The few cavities I’ve had in my life have all been between teeth… darn flossing!

2.  Emily.  She is the neighbor I was afraid I’d never have.  She kept Beckham for a good long time this morning which meant three under three for her.  She watches my kids, loves my kids, brings me treats, cuts my hair, shares redbox rentals, indulges me in walks to the park, prays for me on “those” days…. really, she is a blessing on so many levels.

3.  The fact that when Seneca was painting Beckham’s toenails on my bathroom carpet, none actually got on the carpet.  Considering the job she did on the toes, this is definitely a miracle. 

4.  Phone calls from my dad.

5.  Seneca.  The crown, the jewelry, the leggings, the foofy skirt, the jellies, the independence that makes it all work.  The hand gestures with which she talks, the urgency in whatever it is she’s saying.  the 10 million things she needs to tell me before I leave her room at night.  I love it all.

2 comments:

2x2momma said...

I love how you practice gratitude Amberly- you are always so inspiring...

Scrap Happy said...

Sigh. I've been replaced.