Thursday, April 21, 2011

right now.

5:15 a.m. has become standard wake-up time for this household. well, for those of us who are not out the door by 4:30 for a work-out. I pray for another hour and seldom get it but instead have cute little bodies climb in bed with me. sometimes they sleep for tiny bit and sometimes they just curl up right next to me and tell me I'm the "bestest mom ever." I'm ok with that. sometimes they need their back tickled and sometimes I can't get enough kisses in. I think I am going through beckham withdrawals as I have been nursing a sore throat and in an effort to keep it to myself have been staying out of these little faces. sometimes I just need to smooch them!

happiness came in a box this week from gram with easter exploding out all over the place. one of cooper's treasures was a book of riddles. some of us laugh a lot. some of us pretend to laugh a lot. some of us laugh but have no idea why we're laughing. sometimes he reads the riddle, I laugh and he stands there trying to figure it out. gram also sent some junie b. jones which has been a magnet for coop's face since it arrived.

second week of swim lessons and after a quick teacher switch we are ready to roll. beckham has already shown much more progress than I expected, floating on his own and using very big arms. he jumped in on tuesday fulling believing he could swim all the way across the pool on his own. and he did. thank heavens he is lifting his head up to breathe once in a while. miss senny is a little spaz in the pool. she is happy as can be but man, the amount of energy she can exert in 30 minutes is incredible.

as crazy as life is lately, I'm one lucky mama to spend my crazy days with these hilarious littles. for the most part, they are pleasant and kind and funny. and even though they are getting bigger, and I keep telling them not to, I still squeeze them every day and try to freeze time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I seriously cannot believe you are up at 5:15. I would have to go to bed at 4:00 in the afternoon if I had to get up then. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. Seriously, do they nap? You are amazing. Don't tell my dad about this, he will harass me and tell me I need to get up earlier.