Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 

The Turkey Trot

 IMG_0893IMG_0887

grandma and grandpa, landon, jace and coop

IMG_0936 

drew and winston

The Feast

IMG_0939 IMG_0942

Chey making cute favors for our table.  Del and Grandma watching the action from the fire.  Seems I’m not the only one who is perpetually cold, even in Arizona!

IMG_0944 

grandma with senny

IMG_0951

The bird.  What?  It looks upside down to you?  You’re crazy.  That’s how you get the most tender breast meat!

IMG_0966 IMG_0967 IMG_0968 IMG_0941 IMG_0974

The Photo Shoot

IMG_0977One cute boy and his Great-Grandma

 IMG_0986 IMG_1022

this is going well, yes?

IMG_1031 IMG_1054

that’s better.  Senny bug loves Cheyanne.

IMG_1074

One of these things is not like the others…  (hint:  it’s the white girl)

IMG_1078 IMG_1085

don’t mind that I had just gotten back from a run and the rest are still in their jammies!

1960 family photo

Love, love this crew.

I wondered how it would be with this many plus more staying at my house all weekend, but I was sad to see it come to an end.  We had a blast.  Every room/ space was bustling… movies, Settlers, chess, ping-pong, basketball, reading, napping, cooking, internet browsing… pick your activity and join the crew!  My kids were swallowed up by their cousins and went hard all day, every day.  One morning Bex was up early and I was trying to find an empty room for him to play for a while.  The only one without someone sleeping was the laundry room!  There were four people sleeping in my room alone, three in Coop’s.. it was a slumber party every night.  The food was great, the company was better and I loved it so much.  I hate when times like this end, things get way too quiet.  Good thing December is here to keep us busy! 

2 comments:

Katelyn & Wade said...

great family photo. sounds like a fun weekend!

Emily Malinka said...

I love that family pic... that crew is pretty dang cute!