Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Quick Catch-up

I've had a few inquiries as to whether I'm still alive and while I appreciate your thoughts, I need to post tonight for the sake of recording events, it's been a wonderfully busy week and a half.

First, and not the most importantly, the Phoenix Suns were eliminated from the play-offs. This deserves much more ranting about the injustice of NBA officials, but a mere mention is going to have to do for now.

Second, I had an incredible weekend of fabulous food. Yep, I'm blogging about my meals. This past weekend was Denten's firm's annual retreat and it was held in Phoenix this year. We made the mistake of not taking advantage of the free stay at the Biltmore (lesson learned) but did partake in two great evenings. Friday we ate at the Phonician Resort with the Real Estate Group- I know, it sounds boring but it was fun to see the place and socialize with Dent's collegues. Highlight: the salmon and garlic whipped potatoes. Saturday evening was a formal dinner and dancing event at the Biltmore. The place is fabulous! The grounds are so green and beautiful that I was swept away from the desert of Phoenix all together and really enjoyed myself. We were reunited with friends we met while in Milwaukee and caught up on where life has taken us since then. They are wonderful people that were delightful to visit with. The hightlight: the creme brulee, ah, divine. Also, quite entertaining to see the stuffy proper older attorneys let it all out on the dance floor- hilarious, really.

Between those lovely events was May's Gourmet Club luncheon. This month it was hosted by Angie and Raquel and the girls really impressed. Held in Raquel's serene backyard, the atmosphere was perfect- tropical music, the fountain running in the pool, the table was beautiful (flowers by Angie) and the food just kept getting better! They had two dishes for each course, each from a different country. My favorites (although I thoroughly enjoyed them all) were the Chilean salmon on puff pastry with basil pesto and the English lime and lemon posset. The afternoon was so delightful- it doesn't get better than a pleasant outdoor day with delicious food and wonderful friends.



And lest it sounds like all I've done is play, the real reason for the blogging neglect is that business is in full swing! It's going so well, I can't complain... yet! I can see the potential for being swallowed in too much to do, but I'm taking it one thing as a time and it's been pretty enjoyable so far.

The last and most important piece of news (congratulations for lasting this long in the super-long post) is that we are officially certified to adopt! More details to come on this exciting adventure- stuff that needs to be recorded, but needs to be processed in my head first. Stuff that I'm just not ready to throw into the bloggisphere quite yet. Please understand. When I look back on this day, I want to remember that I am grateful for divine intervention.

10 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you're back and that you've been having so much fun. And I think blogging about food is the best. I'll read your meal posts anytime!

eryka said...

Your making me hungry! I love good food especially with friends. Congrats on the adoption process. Good luck with everthing.

Sandi said...

What a fantastic culinary week. I don't know how you keep from weighing 300 pounds. I'm in your corner for all other events.

Mandy said...

I'm so excited for you about the adoption! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Amy said...

Glad that you are alive & well. And I love food posts. Is your gourmet club just friends in the ward or what? Yum! Good luck with your adoption. An amazing time for you & your family!

Rachel said...

What wonderful reasons to disappear from the blogosphere! Good luck with the adoption process and keeping up with a growing business! Life is GREAT! :)

annalisa said...

Food is always blog worthy! :)
Glad you are keeping busy and having fun. Congrats on the adoption ok!

tenacious d said...

That's awesome, Amberly! How soon will you have an addition to the family?

Nothing like a law firm do for good people watching and good food.

sista # 2 said...

I am impressed at the large number of you cute gals in this club, as I have never heard of one -but think it's great! Congrats on your biz & on the upcoming exciting news!-Janae

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I love how I am the only one not looking at the camera. I guess Barry called at the wrong time. That was pretty delicious, huh!