Sunday, October 31, 2010

I wish I could bottle my day.  Well, minus about an hour at bedtime, but someday I might miss that too.  I had a calm morning, hours at church that were truly fulfilling to me.  Messages that spoke to me, that answered questions, were given in each meeting.  Topics covered that I didn’t realize were so pertinent to my soul right now.  Tears surfaced that surprised me and made me wonder where they came from.  Peace.  Happiness.  A feeling that I’m right where I belong and that there is a lot of good to do here.  Feeling blessed that I am surrounded by people who, the more I get to know, the more I love.  There is a see-saw going on in my stomach as I wrestle with being overwhelmed and the temptation to hide from stuff coming my way, and then a feeling of calm and knowing that whatever the next while brings, I’ll handle it.  We’ll handle it.  We’ll be ok. 

A good Sunday nap, a clean kitchen… both work wonders for me.  As does a happy family. 

No comments: