Monday, November 1, 2010

education.

Thankful for my blessings: 

I’m grateful for my education and the lens through which it has allowed me to see the world.  I was fortunate to have a variety of educational experiences in varying environments that challenged the way I thought and how I viewed people and issues.  I’m grateful for teachers who proposed uncomfortable situations that allowed my thinking process to move from simple quick answers to thoughtful, more complicated solutions.  I’m grateful for the people I was able to associate with in my schooling experiences, people who were like me and people who were nothing like me.  People who gave context to the world outside of my safe little life.  I’m grateful for colleagues, professors, clients and mentors who have listened, taught, suggested and shaped.  I am proud of my education and grateful to have it be a part of me.

Notes for the day:

- Cooper went to the dentist for a cleaning.  He needed it.  He has three of four adult molars in and is scheduled for sealings in a month. 

- It is gorgeous outside.  This weather is fabulous.

- Beckham has had a good cold for a few days.  His poor nose has been like a faucet.  He is a very good sport when he’s sick, still a very pleasant little guy.

- Lights were installed today in the entry and dining room.  They have been back-ordered for a month.  I love them.  The entry one is wonderful, the dining one looks a little small to me, but we’ll have to wait until we actually have furniture in there to see how it fits.

- Tile is being installed tomorrow in the kids’ bathrooms.  Let’s pray I love that, too!

No comments: