Monday, September 26, 2011

we're champions at our house.

We're finding good things around here today. Everyone was a champion.

Cooper was put on "the ladder" today at chess. I had to have the coach explain that to me, but essentially he had to show his coach a check mate to prove he understood what it was and now he plays other kids on the ladder to work his way up. He has had the concept of check mate down for quite some time (I know from personal experience) but today he beat a 5th grader and he was proud the coach noticed his moves. He was a champion.

Seneca counted to 100 by herself today. She did it so easily that I'm assuming she has done that before, but it was the first time I heard her, so we made a big deal about it. She is a champion.

Beckham did a stellar cartwheel today at tumbling. I noticed because the first 30 minutes of class I was wondering if this was really worth our time seeing as the coordination with my children was a little lacking. Then Bex busted out this cartwheel with enough power to get over, semi-straight legs and landed on his feet with his hands up. It was great. He also wrote his name today with the best formed letters I've seen from him yet. He's most definitely a champion.

Denten took over working with Cooper last week preparing his talk for primary. They handled it completely, I didn't even hear it until he gave it on Sunday. I appreciated that I didn't have to worry about that and be the one to make sure Coop was prepared. Dent took out the garbage and recycling today, which I appreciated fully and he also handled a phone call on the way to work that I was stressing about. He's a total champion.

2 comments:

Tutz said...

What about mom??? Ever heard the saying, "It takes one to know one"? You are most definitely a champion to be able to teach those precious children how to be champion. Give all those champions a big hug and kiss for me!

Debi said...

I think you are a champ to find something good about everyone in one day! I'm glad you had the beautiful getaway with D and family. Now if you could make it quarterly instead of only once a year!