Saturday, December 17, 2011

my life is good.

Seneca and Beckham are in the backyard.  They were swinging on their tummies and singing.  Now they are walking around the yard on the curbing, ducking under and around various actual and invisible obstacles.  They keep cheering for each other at random intervals.  I don't know the details of the game they have concocted, but I'm so so grateful they have each other. 

Cooper and Denten picked pecans off the tree, cleaned the ashes out of the fireplace and have moved on to clean up at the Bloch Road house this afternoon.  I'm glad Cooper is working.  And I'm glad he's with his dad.  I'm also glad his dad is willing to do so many things so I don't have to.

After we got the family room and bedrooms picked up this morning, friends came over to practice our song for tomorrow.  I'm banking on the fact that if there are cute kids on the stand singing a sweet song that it will go over well, regardless of whether they all actually know their words, yes? 

Then I escaped to the mall all. by. myself.  I have my shopping done, which Denten kindly reminded me of this morning when I was on my way out the door, but I was shopping for me.  I know, forbidden this time of year, but it happened and I don't think I regret it.

The plan is to go see temple lights tonight, if not for tradition's sake then for the joy of Seneca running from tree to tree exclaiming how beautiful they are are.  Rain is supposed to roll back in, we'll pray it holds off until we're home. 

Senny and Bex have moved on to the playhouse, fighting off imaginary villains and swinging like trapeze artists.  Heavenly Father totally knew what he was doing sending those two down here for each other.

DSC_4783a

5 comments:

kimmalee said...

You have such a way with words. Your life certainly sounds beautiful. That's a sweet picture of your three littles. I'm sure the musical number was wonderful. I always appreciate little ones singing. I'd even say especially when they don't know the words. And your solitary trip to the mall sounds glorious!

Lindsey said...

LOVE this picture! Perfect.

Tamra said...

Soooo love this picture!

Annika said...

L-O-V-E the photo!!!

Amber said...

What kind of camera do you have Amberly? I love the soft colors in the last picture of this post. Do you photoshop?