Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/3? I'll take it.

this morning I took a nap on the couch while Beckham laid by me and watched a show. I was happy. He was happy. He liked me. I had a little guilt but I think it went away as I fell asleep.

this afternoon I had Coop finish the last homework assignment for the week. He's been putting it off all week and you would have thought I was the meanest mom on the planet. He had to write about what he has learned about the Civil Rights Movement. He can tell me about it every day, but when it comes to writing, oh boy, look out. The tears, the whining, the pleading, it was downright pathetic. It took way longer than it needed to, but it got done. He didn't like me very much.

Seneca asked for juice today and I said, "not right now." I do not feel guilty about that. It was the right answer. She had a meltdown of epic proportions. She visited her room where there was wailing and gnashing of teeth and flailing limbs. The yard guys outside probably thought that room held a torture chamber. Once this girl accelerates, the coming down process is long and slow and requires patience I usually have to dig deep for. She didn't like me very much.

All was forgiven once said incidents passed. And they liked me again by dinner. We had meatballs and they were a hit with everyone. I kept thinking they weren't going to leave enough for dad.

So riddle me this... I had two kids crying under my actions today and yet the only time I felt guilt was with the one kid who liked me all day. hm. go figure.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I love reading your blog. I love your honesty. I love that you take it as it comes. I love that you are documenting all these moments in your life. You are amazing and I aspire to be more like you!

Lonica said...

Great thoughts. Please keep them coming. You're writing is so well formulated and I appreciate the glimpses into your daily life. I feel like I get bogged down in documenting the "major" events of our lives, complete with accompanying pictures. Your posts are so much more open and often what I think I'd like to look back on more. This is definitely something I need to work on...

Annie said...

Okay girl, I need some help. I know this is so random but i need you to share your time management skills. I'm totally serious. I'm trying to better manage everything (house cleaning, driving schedule, grocery shopping, etc.) but I need some good tips from a super organized mama (that's you). Help me. Haaaaaaaalp!!!