Having three children who show genuine emotion without holding back makes Christmas morning pretty fun. Having all their dreams come true is pure magic.
A few highlights:
* All Cooper wanted for Christmas was a bouncy ball with a handle on top (his words). Santa delivered and he was one happy kid. He also received a soccer net and has had his dad playing goalie while he gets around him.
note: my living room previously held a trampoline that has been relocated temporarily to the loft. it now holds a rowdy game of soccer. is this what living rooms were intended for??
* Seneca received a shopping cart and a scooter. Beckham got a new car to ride in and an enormous tonka dump truck. As is par for this house, they use each other's gifts as their own and scheme together to make the most of each item.
* We all got to talk to uncle Ben on Christmas day, singing him our latest songs and telling him about our Christmas. He is having an amazing experience serving the Lord in Portland. It was wonderful to hear that while he's growing and learning, he's still our Boogs.
* Denten made gnocchi and pasta sauce and the smell alone in my house was to die for, let alone the food. He makes magic in the kitchen, I love when he has the chance to cook.
* Santa was good to Dent and I too. It's a satisfying feeling to know that there isn't much that is wanted or needed, makes me feel very fortunate to be where I am right now.
* most treasured gift of the year: quilts that Gram made for each of my children. They love them and have requested they take the place of the previous blankets on their beds. It was a surprise for me that she had spent all year quilting for everyone, what a wonderful gift!
* We have wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that sent such thoughtful things for our family. It is so nice to see them unwrap gifts that will add to our home and that they will truly enjoy rather than more junky toys that I will secretly want to put in the garbage as soon as possible. It was a good year!
Hope yours was just as merry!
yes, dad. beckham's cars are all Porches. we're teaching him young to recognize quality.