Sunday, February 24, 2013

G list

- I'm grateful for Cooper.  He had a busy day yesterday and took it all in stride.  He had three consecutive football games as his team kept advancing through the league playoffs to the championship game.  This was his first season playing football and was on a team with boys who had all played together before.  He worked hard to learn where he was supposed to be and what his role was and then executed with all he had.  By game three everyone was tired and trying to hold it together and he made sure he ended the season giving his all and having a great time.  They lost the last game but when they scored, he threw up his arms and jumped around and was as happy as could be, even knowing that it was too late to win the game.  He was complimentary to his teammates and respectful to his coach and left the field with a touchdown and a great catch at the end of the day.  I was so proud of how he played, but also of how he interacted with his teammates.

Last night he participated in the Cavalcade of Music Festival.  There were 20 pianos on stage with two pianists at each piano.  They had been learning and practicing their duets since Christmas.  Coop was dedicated to attending his rehearsals and making sure he knew his pieces well.  With everyone playing together and adding percussion, the performance was impressive.  I am so grateful that he felt confident and that performing does not make him nervous.  I am grateful that he enjoys music and the process of learning and performing.

Today Denten was out of town and we have church from noon until 3:00 with sacrament meeting last.  By the time we hit the chapel, everyone is tired and reverence is achieved with great effort.  During the sacrament I looked over at Cooper who had his arms folded, head bowed and eyes closed.  His lips were moving slightly and I had gratitude wash over me that he chose to come to this family.  He has his moments, but this kid is good and that is in spite of the fact that I keep trying to learn how to be a parent with him and heaven knows I do not get it right the first time very often.  Coop is a blessing to me and I love him so much.

- I'm also grateful for my little village.  With D gone today, I had my village to back me up as I needed to be in primary both hours and was not able to manage Stella.  Norbergs, Williams, Sabeys and Adams.. there may have been more... saved me today, and it wasn't the first time.  I'm grateful that these people love my children and that I can depend on them when I can't do it all on my own.  I was able to put my full concentration into primary without worrying one bit if my baby was ok.  Arriving home to fresh homemade wheat bread on my doorstep from Holly capped it off.  It made dinner come together easily and was just one more reminder that my family here extends outside of my home.

- I'm grateful for a text that the helicopter functioned properly and delivered D into the canyon safely.  My angels work hard, and I don't ever want them to think I don't appreciate them!

1 comment:

Alyosha said...

Oh, sacrament meeting with four kids and no husband. I know it well. Derrick is in the bishopric, which is mostly fine, but I really miss him in sacrament meeting!